The SRCL Sharps Management Service takes away the risk from your staff and replaces it with a safe solution that is compliant and environmentally sustainable.
Our trained technicians deliver, locate, collect and exchange sharps containers from your healthcare sites, reducing the need for your staff to handle them and put themselves at risk of a needlestick injury. The used containers are then transported to our treatment facility where they are weighed, scanned and tracked, followed by a thorough three-stage disinfection process. The disinfected, reassembled containers are then delivered back to your facility in a ready-to-use condition.
- Reduced risk of needlesticks to your staff.
- Environmental impact reduced, compared with the disposal of containers after a single use.
- UN-approved reusable containers that can be used up to 600 times each.
- Sophisticated, fully automated robotics and wash line.
- Three-stage disinfection process independently validated by microbiological experts.
The tried and test solution*!
- 77% of customers reported that needlestick incidents dropped to 0-1 per year.
- 85% of hospital staff “strongly agreed / agreed” that using the system increased safety outcomes in their facility.
- 91% of respondents “strongly agreed / agreed” that using the system is a ‘clinical best practice’.
- 100% of respondents preferred the reuseable container for its positive environmental impact.
*Survey conducted across 52 US hospitals by Stericycle, SRCL’s US-based parent company.
For more information about how SRCL’s Sharps Management Service can help with your infection control, contact us today 0333 240 4400.