SRCL’s core business consists of the collection, treatment and disposal of healthcare and related wastes. Throughout this and all its other business activities SRCL is committed to continual improvement of its environmental and health and safety performance and to the prevention of pollution.
To this end, SRCL will:
- Promote an appreciation of the environment and a positive health and safety culture;
- Implement and maintain, as an integral part of our business, a documented business management system compliant with ISO 14001 and incorporating key aspects of health and safety management;
- Systematically identify and reduce, where it is practicable to do so, significant health and safety hazards and risks; and significant environmental aspects and impacts which arise from our processes and operations;
- Comply with all relevant environmental and health and safety legislation and other identified requirements, and conduct regular audits to monitor compliance;
- Periodically set, review and publish environmental and health and safety objectives and targets;
- Continually strive to improve our environmental, health and safety performance;
- Provide training on environmental, and health and safety issues;
- Provide sufficient resources to implement this policy and allow the company to meet it’s obligations;
- Communicate our policies and procedures to everyone working for or on behalf of SRCL;
- Make this policy document available to its customers and members of the public on request.
The ultimate responsibility for environmental and health and safety performance lies with the Managing Director, who will ensure that it is given equal priority with other major business objectives. Implementation of this policy is a line management responsibility at all levels together with participation of all employees. Staff are reminded that adherence to this policy is a condition of employment.
The policy will be revised and updated as necessary by the Head of Environment, Safety and Health for SRCL.